Gathering the queer and allied multi-faith movement to practice justice!
This first-ever multi-faith gathering of pro-LGBT activists convenes people of faith, LGBT activists, clergy, spiritual practitioners, those who value the body-mind-spirit connection as important and those who seek to bridge the secular/faith divide in our movement. We will worship and pray and practice; we will do big-picture framing and dreaming; we will build our organization’s capacities; we will learn mass mobilization strategies and we will learn concrete skills. Come and bring your whole body, identity and self to this exciting gathering. Register here!
Opening Plenary Speakers Thursday Feb. 3 Practice Spirit, Do Justice:
Hard Work for Our Common Good
• Bishop Yvette Flunder, Founder, City of Refuge Community Church UCC
• Rev. Elder Nancy Wilson, Moderator, Metropolitan Community Church
Special Academy/Training Sessions:
• Intentional Leadership and Followership — Building a Base for Breakthrough Social Change
• Walking Our Talk — Applying a Racial Justice Lens in Our Organizations
• Building Faith-Based Partnerships: Global Justice or Queer Colonialism
• Mercy + Justice = Winning LGBT Political Campaigns
• Fighting Islamophobia and Homophobia: building solidarity in oppressed communities
• Ask for Money Face-to-Face… Have Faith!
• Spirit and Desire: Framing a discussion about our spiritual and erotic lives
• Mobilizing Pro-Equality Catholics on LGBT Issues
• And many, many more!